How we help enrich lives
If we are going to help our residents live better, then it is our responsibility to offer them every opportunity to be actively engaged and involved. At Extendicare St. Paul, we provide social and recreational services seven days a week - including holidays. These services are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet residents’ unique needs and circumstances. Examples of our recreational services and activities include:
- Serene Setting: Our home sits on 1 professionally landscaped acre and features beautiful gardens, courtyards, flower beds, mature trees and 2 screened in gazebos.
- Walking Group: Weather permitting our residents go on a weekly group walking tour accompanied by staff members.
- Live Entertainment: We have regular live entertainment featuring a variety of different performers from the community.
- Intergenerational Program: Once a week, students from the local kindergarten, elementary school and high school visit residents as part of our Intergenerational Program.
- Choir Performances: A number of different community choirs regularly perform for our residents.
- Activities & Games: Residents regularly participate in bowling, ring toss, bingo, trivia games and more.
- Seated Exercise Class: We have seated exercise classes twice a week that focus on strength, range of motion, balance and flexibility.
- Baking & Cooking Group: Our dementia unit Baking & Cooking Group meets bi-monthly.
- Gardening Group: Members of the Gardening Group like to exercise their green thumbs growing flowers and vegetables in raised beds.
- Monthly Birthday Party: At our monthly Birthday Party we celebrate our residents who have a birthday that month.
- Reminiscing Group: Once a month our Reminiscing Group meets to talk about past experiences and memories triggered by objects and music from earlier generations.
- Folding Group: Every day, our Folding Group gets together to fold towels and face cloths.
We also offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents. Currently we offer:
- Occupational Therapist